My questions to readers:
What exercise routines work best for you?
What techniques help relieve your anxiety?
I’ve been very unmotivated lately and miss my former days of being obsessed with going to the gym and attending motivating classes. I’ve been lucky that my weight hasn’t changed drastically since my lack of motivation. I’m wondering, however, how long this will last. Hyperthyroidism speeds up your metabolism. After my surgery, my metabolism will slow.
This lack of motivation to work out stems from a lot of things…the holidays/unhealthy food overload, cold weather, being busy (but then again we all are), and anxiety. Way too many excuses here! Anxiety, however, has played a big role. This anxiety is part of Hyperthyroidism, but also a part of my overthinking ways. At times, I let it get the best of me and let worry completely take over. Yesterday, after a mini cry sesh (sometimes you just need one), I decided to look outside at the snow to relax and then think about how to be proactive.
After some research of my own about Thyroid Health and Anxiety, I came up with my own January workout. Here’s what I have decided on for both diet and exercise for January 2017:
- Yoga 1x a week for breathing and relaxation techniques…and for a first time experience!
- 30 minute runs/walks on the boardwalk by my apartment
- Small intervals of cardio/ab exercises at home
- Boot Camp/Total Body Training classes 1x a week to challenge myself
- Antioxidant rich foods (blueberries, strawberries), cruciferous vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli…), and flax seed to help with my Hyperthyroidism.
I hope to stick to my little calendar I came up with and that others can share similar experiences and answer my questions.
And to finish…a quote…
Thanks for reading!